Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fishing downtown Kirkland, Washington

By Rafael Miret: Enjoyed an evening fishing downtown Kirkland with a friend of mine.  Started fishing at the dock behind Anthony's Home Port restaurant.  The water was clear and the evening was beautiful.  Fished for and caught perch, bluegills, crappie, and large mouth bass.  The lure I used to catch the majority of these fish was the Trout Magnet.  This lure looks like a small grub attached to a small jig and the color used was brown.  The fish hit this lure aggressively with a little movement form the rod tip.  I would recommend you try this, you might have the same success I had.

The highlite of the evening was fishing on the main dock in Kirkland in Moss Bay when I landed a hard fighting large mouth bass on silver blade, black tail, Rooster Tail spinner bait.  The bass was about 2 lbs.  The Rooster Tail lure is made by Worden's Lure.  This pattern of lure is one my favorites for catching a variety of fish in the North West.  See the attached video of the fighting bass my friend took.

Overall it was great evening, enjoying the backdrop of downtown Seattle and gorgeous sunset.  If you are ever within casting distance of Kirkland WA, give the many public parks and docks a try.  You might be surprised by the variety of fish and the clarity of the water of Lake Washington.

Tight lines and may you say fish on!

1 comment:

  1. Imagine that...fish in Lake Washington - Kirkland! Nice Catch! I'm adding your blog to my RSS feeds! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete